Wednesday, January 24, 2007

my trip to colorado: jan 20-23

this past weekend i flew out to colorado to visit with friends and check out denver seminary. i had an awesome time. i'd been out there in the summertime, but never the winter, so it was fun to experience all the snow!

"i thought the rocky mountains would be a lot rockier than this..." -lloyd christmas (dumb & dumber)


saturday night i stayed with family friends, the johnsons, in colorado springs. sunday they hosted lunch and some friends came over. a good time was had by all.

with bill, mary, sam, and mason springston.



with lindsay and jac and kay and mal.

after lunch, kay surprised me with a birthday dessert, complete with candle and gold doily. it was the best ding-dong i've ever tasted! :)

funny story:

on my rental car reservation i requested an economy car, but when i showed up all they had available was a grand caravan! "it's a free upgrade," the car guy said. but in my head i was thinking, "more like a free downgrade." here i was secretly hoping for a jeep liberty or ford escape, and i get stuck with an extra long minivan. did the guy think i had a bunch of kids to take to soccer practice or something? couldn't he see that i'm twenty-five-and-alive (and completely by myself)? i sighed as i stood before the expansive mass of white-ness which would transport my small suitcase and me all weekend.

as i drove down I-25, i couldn't help but laugh. i felt like a mom (which isn't a bad thing, i'm just not there yet...), but without any kids in the back seat. i was tempted to buy a "my kid made the honor roll" or "i love soccer" bumper sticker just to complete the experience, but i figured the rental car place wouldn't appreciate that.

best ride EVER. you wish you could drive this (or maybe you already do).

sunday brought more snow, and as I drove the hour north to denver I realized that minivans aren't really the best vehicles for snow driving.

thank God, i made it safely to megan's apartment in littleton.

monday morning i headed to the campus and spent the day meeting with people...it was great!




sights around campus.


the view from behind campus.


monday night megan introduced me to red robin's endless basket of steak fries and flat-tire beer. so good!
"okay, now a serious one..."


sunset behind the rockies. so pretty!

3 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. It looks beautiful. I can't wait to hear the d/l on the theological intricacies, as well as the pros and cons of Denver Seminary. Personally, though, I don't think you should move. My friends aren't allowed to move, however obsessive that sounds. :-P

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'm a little behind... I didn't realize you were in seminary until I got your Christmas card a couple weeks ago. That's so cool! And the rockies look gorgeous...

Keep in touch!

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wondering about your trip! Looking forward to hearing about your decision....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home