Wednesday, June 21, 2006

funny story & poll: speedo-wearing biker

So today on my afternoon commute home from school, I encountered a sight that made me both laugh out loud and shudder in disgust. I was waiting to merge onto the GW Parkway, and at that point in the road, the bike path is only a couple feet from my car. So anyways, there I was...waiting, listening to music, minding my own business...

Suddenly I look over to my right and see an older man (probably in his 60's) pedaling his bike, WEARING NOTHING BUT his helmet, his sneakers, and a SPEEDO! Because of where I was in relation to the bike path, I got a clear view and, believe me, I saw a lot of flesh!!!

It was like a train wreck: I wanted to look away, but I just couldn't...I couldn't believe what I was seeing! After the intial shock wore off, I bursted out laughing and quickly remembered that I was supposed to be merging onto the Parkway...I glanced in the rear-view mirror to see that the man in the car behind me was laughing too.

So, let me ask you...Is riding a bike in a speedo an okay thing to do? I would ask if anoyone out there has ever done it before, but that might be too much information.

6 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have definitely been on a bike in a swimsuit on about 4 different occasions. Perhaps the man was training for a triathlon. When you participate in a triathlon, you get out of the water, throw some shoes and a helmet on, get on your bike, and start pedaling with all your might.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger rjr said...

hmm....great point. i hadn't thought about the triathlon factor.

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was definitly a vivid picture that is sure to to leave lasting images in my mind. My story:
When I was living w/ 3 roomates in a house there was one guy who just thought he was beautiful(he was in his late 30's). At our house the landlord hardly ever mowed the lawn so our grass looked like a jungle. Well this guy always worked out & taking care of how he looked. He though he need to tan a little so he got in his 1980's nylon running short, no shirt and some foil from the kitchen and plopped down on the front lawn. Me & my girlfriends had to run to the car and drive away real fast so we didn't laugh hysterically. To this day I can't get the image out of my head, it was has been good to reminisce when I need a good laugh.

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first reaction to your story, is that the guy was training for a triathlon. He'd probably just came from the pool or lake and was now doing his biking. As funny as it may seem or look, it does happen, and he was probably just practicing for his big day. Instead of laughing, I would've yelled out to tell him to keep it up. I just did a triathlon, so I understand!

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....only if everything is tucked in.

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in general, guys wearing speedos
is not a good idea. Old guys wearing speedos while riding a bike is INSANE!
I have taken extended bike rides before, and bike seats do a number
on guys....I can't imagine what it would be like with that type of
clothing on.... (shudder).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home