Saturday, May 06, 2006

poll (please participate)

now that you've met laura, you can read a funny story about her. :)

on thursday evening she went running in a neighborhood close to her apartment. after running about 35 minutes, she realized she was lost and running around in circles. she asked a couple people for directions, but to no avail. finally a woman took pity on her and offered her a ride home. laura hesitantly agreed.

now, i'm not a runner. if i do happen to go for a jog, it's usually just around the block or something; never long enough to get lost. i can see how it can happen, though, when you run several miles in a neighborhood where the houses all look alike.

so, i'm curious: has this ever happened to you? please comment. :)

5 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you well know: it happened to me. While walking. Only a couple miles.
Shoot, it happens regularly.
Compared to me, Laura is great with directions...

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know oddly enough it did happen to me but rather than asking directions I just kept going straight assuming I'd eventually find something I recognized...eventually turned out to be about 30 minutes later when I found myself at Iwa Jima...

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm...no. I've run places I'm not familiar with, but I could always back track and find my way back. That said, I know Laura runs a lot farther than I can--she's a 10K ace, and can do more than that no doubt. But since 4 miles is about my max, I have not "run" into this issue;)

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger rjr said...

hahaha.... "run" into the issue! i get it! good one, sarah. :)

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think i've ever gotten lost during a run. that said, i have forgotten to take a key and locked myself out of the house several times when i went running.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home