Monday, June 26, 2006

Rain, Rain, go away.

So lately the East Coast's getting pounded with heavy rains and intense thunder storms. Our house hasn't esacaped the drama. Last night rainwater was pouring into Elizabeth's room. Because she lives in the basement, her window's just inches above the ground. Last night's rain pooled into her window's storm-drain, covering her window. Water came rushing through the newly-installed window. When I got down there, this is what I saw:


And when I looked out her window I felt like I was looking into an aquarium. We were eye-to-eye with a frog, who was swimming in the storm drain. My other roommates, Sarah and Bethany, were outside, bailing the water out of the storm-drain. Eventually, the flooding stopped and they put umbrellas and plastic over the drain to keep the water out.


Craziness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home