Thursday, September 28, 2006

spazy story: at the Exxon Station 9-27-06

Last night I had a spazy episode. I stopped at an Exxon station to get gas, put the pump in my car's tank opening, swiped my debit card, but nothing happened. I went inside, and of course there was a long line. So I waited and when it was my turn I prepaid for a tank of gas. I then went back outside, but it still wouldn't work. (At this point I was fighting the urge to become frustrated.) I took a couple of deep cleansing breaths and went back inside (where there was still a long line). The attendant told me to go to another pump, pump number twelve. I said thank you and ventured back outside. Right as I walked past pump # 12, another car pulled up to it. Annoyed, I got in my car, turned on the ignition, and started to back up when I heard a loud HONK. "You still have the hose in your car!" the woman yelled from her car behind me. I started laughing. Before I could get out of the car, a man came over and said, "Here, I'll get it for you." "Thanks so much," was all I could say through my embarassed laughter. (I had my convertible top down, so it was easy to communicate.) I pulled up to pump number 11, and finally was able to pump some gas into my car. Twenty minutes and a full tank later, I pulled out of the Exxon Station, still laughing.

3 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know someone who has actually driven away and pulled out the hose. In fact, more than once. Do you think it was me??

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger rjr said...

"what'd you do?!" (chris farley in 'tommy boy')...seriously, though...was it you? i can't really imagine you doing that, EB.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Stacie said...

I hope you weren't over charged! Maybe you should have asked the attendent for a discount. Or even better instead of buying you a drink or dinner, you should have asked the guy who pulled out the hose to buy you a tank of gas :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home