Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Twenty-Six and Lookin' for Kicks: your input needed!

saturday night we had some peeps over for a birthday bash. my roommates really made it a special evening: megan made an amazing 4-layer (chocolate and strawberry) cake, and sarah and bethany prepared tons of snacks and desserts. it was fun to have a house full of people, and fun was had by all...even vin diesel showed up ready to party!


Nattie and I check Vin out and admire his crown.


blake sent me this AWESOME "edible arrangement" just in time for the party! I didn't even know this sort of thing existed...isn't it cool?


dimitar and sarah


meghan's my best friend from elementary school, and we still have tons of fun together. it was an honor to have her there from baltimore.


sarah and me


meghan, me, graham, and amado goof around...



dimitar and me.


does anyone else find this photo a bit creepy?


caleb checks out the "yard of bubblegum."


mary washington college, represent! katy, me, robbie (he actually didn't attend MWC, but we let him in the picture anyway), elizabeth, ben, and matt



of course there was hula hooping involved. the guys really got into it.




things got a little crazy when i danced to ace of base's "all that she wants." some consider me outgoing.

the cake looked so bright with 26 candles on it!
i'm sorry to say that it took me two breaths to blow out all those flames...



we played one of my favorite games, "loaded questions," late into the night. (a margarita-umbrella and an empty beer bottle served as extra game-piece-markers.)



rob checks out one of the books from our coffee table.


dimitar shows us "what to wear."


gavin really enjoyed the vibrating ladybug massager...













At the party, I asked my guests to write down their ideas for what "kicks" I should look for this year. Here are some of their ideas, verbatim:

-go scubadiving
-go to trapeeze school in Baltimore
-sing for money in the streets of D.C.
-go skydiving
-take swing dance lessons
-"I'm talking about a place called Aspen."
-vote democrat
-win a roller skating limbo contest
-sky-bungee-jump-boulder-rapell-climbing
-attend a professional wrestling event...and bring a homemade sign.
-audition for American Idol
-see a Broadway show in N.Y.C.
-Jazz @ Lincoln Center

Now, this is a fabulous list. It gives me things to aim for; things to keep the adventure of life going. But I'd love to hear your input. You can either select your favorite from this list, or (better yet) add one or more of your own (keep them PG-rated :).

7 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry i couldn't make it. Hope you got my flowers. I think this year you should wear that amazing hat while you teach a jazzercise class.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learn Spanish. Take a class that not only learns the language but has a lab and practices the culture..you know...make flan..sing silly Spanish songs...learn Spanish guitaro..and flamenco dance! I know you know some, because you have been to Mexico, and Costa Rica, and I think Spain? OK, learn some Spanish songs, and pretend like you know Flamenco!

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Sounds like it was great! If I was um, immoral, I would say start on your way to becoming like Jacob. That could be literally kickin'!
But I think my favorite is for you to audition for American Idol. I just want SOMEONE I know to do it!!!

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come to Indonesia! I'm staying another year! You've got til July 2008! :)

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rebecca,
it's been a while. i love thinking of fun things to do. i'm going skydiving this spring (i'm only 22). i have a few ideas for you :1) pose for a nude figure drawing class (and actually get paid, unless it's volunteer only) 2)walk across a state planting trees (apple, if possible) 3)donate ALL your clothes to a local charity (except one outfit) and try to live very humbly for a month without buying more 4) eat peanut putter and jelly for dinner every night for a month

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring an open mind, earplugs and join Marcia and I in La Barra
Brava for a futbol game this spring/summer.

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An equestrian vacation in the Andalusian region of Spain or an Elephant Safari in Northern Thailand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home