Thursday, February 01, 2007

my birthday: january 31st

i had a fabulous birthday on wednesday! in the morning as i was doing some reading for school, there was a knock on the front door. i opened it to find a tall box from "1-800 flowers." inside was a "money tree," a type of bonsai plant from my stud-brother, dan. he sent a plant instead of flowers b/c it'll "last longer and will serve as a reminder that 26 is for kicks..." (at least, that's what he wrote on the card.) :)

when i went to baby-sit, and the kids had a homemade poster on the door, and we enjoyed cake afer lunch. kate came over in the afternoon and brought the incredible creative dessert: breyer's mint choc chip ice cream over crumbled oreos (yes, it tasted amazing). jonathan and jessica, my bro and sis-in-law, sent me an awesome present too: a t-shirt with napoleon dynamite dancing and "check out my dance moves" written on it.



my birthday concluded with a fun dinner at my parents' house. my grandparents came too.



mmm...food from Outback Steakhouse!



one of my most favorite desserts = cheesecake!!



gramma gave me this hat she got in hawaii...



we had some fun with it. :)












at the end of the evening, just as i was getting ready to leave, my dad came down the stairs with a surprise present for me: a new guitar!!!! check out the next post to see pics. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home