Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Denver-Bound


Most of you probably already know this via mass email or Facebook, but I'm heading to Colorado in just a few weeks (move-out date: Monday, June 4th) to complete my graduate school at Denver Seminary. This decision was based on a number of reasons:

-I knew I wouldn't be able to finish my degree via distance, so I would have to move to either VA Beach (and continue at Regent) or transfer to another school.
- Colorado seems like a great place to live (I interned out there one summer and always hoped to return).
-Denver Sem. has strengths in the areas I'd like to become stronger in (pastoral counseling and spiritual formation).
-The school has a stellar mentoring program.
-I have a handful of friends there,including my mentor and his family.
-There are tons of churches and ministries in the Denver/Co Springs area.

It's hard to think about leaving Virginia and all of my wonderful friends here, but I'm looking forward to what the Lord has in store in this next chapter. Right now I'm feeling all sorts of emotions, but mostly excitement. Last Friday I turned in my final assignment--a term paper for New Testament 2: Acts-Revelation--so I'm officially finished with my first year of seminary and my time with Regent University.

Now I'm gearing up to move out west. And songs like Chapman's "This is the Great Adventure," Dixie Chicks' "Wide Open Spaces," and John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High" are on replay in my head. :)

Also, my roommies are hosting a little shin-dig on Saturday, June 2nd, starting at 8pm. If you're in town, stop on by and say good-bye!

"She was born in the summer of her twenty-sixth year..."

3 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger stefani said...

Congratulations! Very exciting!!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger stefani said...

Is that lyrics from a song? "She was born in the summer of her twenty-sixth year..."?

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

facebook? huh? i'm going to be looking into this...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home