Friday, February 23, 2007

SHE HAS A NAME!

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for!




My new guitar's name is...


(drum roll, please.)


Eva Alegria
(A-vah Ah-lay-GREE-ah)

Doesn't that have a nice flow? :)

I chose this name for several reasons:

a. I love the Eva/Eve metaphoric link to the tree-of-life inlay.
b. Eva Peron really is an early muse of mine, and I love Webber's EVITA (My mother knows me well).
c. I like the sound and meaning of the Spanish word, Alegria (joy/happiness). I hope this guitar--and my playing it--brings joy to God, others, and myself.





Now, who was the "Anonymous" person who suggested that? Show yourself!

And now for my thank-you speech:

I'd like to thank all of my avid and enthusiastic participants; I couldn't have done this without you. :) I sincerely appreciate your support and input. I was overwhelmed at all of your thoughtful contributions. I liked so many of the names, I had a hard time choosing! (How am I ever going to name a pet? Or a baby?!)

3 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca!! This is Becca Westmoreland! You picked my suggestion for your guitar's name. :) I'm glad you picked it, but I think the credit really goes to your mother and others who came up with those names in the first place. I wasn't creative enough to do that. I just had to borrow from other people. lol I'm still glad you picked it though and I'm sure that Eva Alegria is delighted that she has a name now.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also suggested Eva Alegria Ibenez. Aunt Paula

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also suggested Eva Alegria Ibenez. Aunt Paula

 

Post a Comment

<< Home