Friday, June 15, 2007

And now for something completely different:

A serious post.


Saturday afternoon I drove Liz to the airport...it was hard to say good-bye to my roadtrip/move-in partner! She made the trip so much fun and I thank God (and her husband, Dom!) for allowing her to come out with me. As I drove away from the airport alone, it finally sunk in: I'm not going back to Virginia; Colorado is my new home. Then I felt overwhelmed: missing my friends and missing the familiar sights of Northern Va. I got a bit emotional and fearful. That night I read Isaiah 33:5-6, which says,

The LORD is exalted, for he dwells on high;
he will fill Zion with justice and righteousness.

He will be the sure foundation for your times,
a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge;
the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure.

I find such comfort in those promises. I was reminded that God has always and will continue to be my sure foundation. And when things feel uncertain and scary, I can trust in Him and the salvation He's provided through Christ. He has already blessed me with a smooth transition, a supportive and generous family, a friend to accompany me on the roadtrip out here, and amazing friends who call and write to remind me of their love and support. I'm overwhelmed at His goodness and blessings; without Him, I am nothing.

And I want to thank you, my family and friends who are reading this, for being so amazing and supportive. Knowing that you're praying for me and hearing your encouragement is like wind in my sails. Thank you so much! And I hope you enjoy the blog--it's my way of showing you around Colorado, at least until you come to see it for yourself. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home