Friday, June 15, 2007

Setting up the Apartment

Whew! I forgot how much work it is to move into an empty place! There are so many random things you have to buy...like a broom and toilet paper and ziploc bags...and furniture. I quickly found the local dollar store, two Targets (one's a Super Target!), a HUGE thrift store, and a Bargain Barn, where "Everything's One Buck!". After 4 and a half days of unpacking, organizing, shopping, unpacking, putting stuff together, hanging pictures, unpacking, organizing, buying groceries, and cleaning up, I'm finally ready to call this place "home." It's a beautiful apartment; just the right size, and it's been fun to decorate. Here are some photos from the past few days of setting up:




Had to buy some furniture from Target. The two teenage guys who helped me load up were cracking up at my little car. But I told them, "hey, this car made a cross-country trip and then a trip up a 14,000-foot mountain...being loaded up with several large pieces of furniture is nothing!" (okay, I didn't really say that, but I should have.)

I quickly realized that doing a solo-move forces me to do things that I don't really like and/or am intimidated by. For example, opening up a new bank account, mounting shelves on the wall, and putting furniture together. I've never put furniture together all by myself, so this was a daunting task for me. Fortunately, a friend gave me a toolbox the day before I left, so I was fully-prepared, complete with safety goggles. (thanks, jon! :)


Ta-Da! It turned out all right! Altogether, I assembled an end table, a coffee table, and a three-drawer cabinet...quite an accomplishment for me!




2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why does the wallpaper look like pools of water?

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger rjr said...

what wallpaper?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home