Friday, July 20, 2007

More or Less

I've been in Colorado for about six weeks now, which has provided time to observe the new culture. :) I've collected a list of "More and Less," comparing here to Northern Virginia:

More:

-motorcyclists (without helmets)
-mountains
-altitude sickness / headaches
-people with tatoos
-SUVs and pick-up trucks
-Aspen trees
-Evergreen trees
-streams and creeks
-people doing outdoorsy things
-random and short thunderstorms
-hitchhikers
-comfy shoes (i.e. Crocks, Tevas, Chacos, etc.)

Less:

-oxygen :)
-mosquitos
-humidity
-sports cars
-"vanity" license plates
-wide rivers
-police cars
-lush green foliage
-rain
-fashion-concious people (i.e. women with high heels/pearls, guys with pink polo shirts :)
-traffic

3 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I like the less fashion conscious part! I would fit right in! Meg

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, we've had less rain in VA this summer too. We are in a "severe drought" classification. The deer are hungry and eating the flowers and tomatoes! They ate my impatiens right under my window!

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. I've never heard of some of those shoes. I don't believe I've ever worn tacos or even heard of them. I do respect VA. for the helmet rule. It's the same in C-town....no helmets. Seriously, is that law THAT difficult to pass.
I would love less mosquitos. I would also love less police cars...always profiling me and pulling me over. Not fair. (j/k)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home