Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hiking in Mt. Falcon Park

Toady after church, Jessica (my new friend!) and I went hiking at Mt. Falcon Park, about a 20-minute drive from Littleton. The weather was uncharacteristically hot, but we still had a blast enjoying God's beautiful creation. Here are some photos from the afternoon's adventure:










can you see the bee?







On our drive back, we spotted a huge elk! It was very exciting, especially when he started walking toward my car. :)



"As the deer [or elk] panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after Thee..." Ps. 42:1 :)

3 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Great photos Rebecca! Love to see the fuzzy stuff on their antlers. That is so cool!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger stefani said...

oh my gosh! That is incredibly gorgeous scenery for a hike! I want to hike there!!! What fanTAStic pictures!!! Looks like it was a perfectly beautiful day.

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! pretty flowers! Don't forget to look for fossels. I found a couple of neat fossels in CO. Also, don't try to make contact with the elk in the fall when they are bellowing or in the spring when they might have calves with them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home