Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New Plates

This morning I went to the local DMV to get a Colorado license and new plates. I'm used to DMV visits being absolutely terrible (notorious in Virginia), so today I was pleasantly surprised. Coloradans are just so friendly and nice, even if they work at the DMV. Within 20 mins or so I had my new license. For my new plates, I had to first get an emissions test. I was nervous about my car passing because last year in VA I had quite an ordeal with the emissions test (as some of you may remember). But it passed and I went back to the DMV to get my new plates. I feel like an official native now (well, maybe not really, but I can at least appear to be while driving my car). Only problem is that when I don't know where I'm going and inadvertantly cut people off, I won't be able to say, "at least they know I'm not from around here" because my Virginia plates have been replaced.


Old Plate.


(Shedding a tear because I miss Virginia.)


New Plate.


(But happy to be living in Colorado!)

4 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Virginina misses you too!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad the process of "settling in" is going smoothly for you. Your apartment looks like a great and homey place :)

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger M said...

i think colorado has better looking license plates than virginia. Trading up.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh joy, another person moving here and polluting our air and taking up space. I am so sick of people coming here from other states but at least you arent from California or Texas; I like to run those people off the road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home