Friday, July 20, 2007

My New Job @ YFC



I began my new part-time job about three weeks ago, and I'm LOVING it! I'm working as an administrative assistant in the World Outreach Department of Youth For Christ (www.yfc.net). I walked into the office on my first day and found myself surrounded by maps, flags from other countries, newsletters from missionaries around the world, international artifacts, and people who have both a passion for Christ and traveling. I felt like I was home! :)

I'm working with a few familiar faces, including my former youth pastor, Bill Springston, and my friend from college, Megan Lake! Our department is responsible for recruiting, training, supporting, and debriefing all American YFC missionaries. Even though my role is small (I work about 10-15 hours a week), I feel so excited and honored to be a part of such an effective and respected organization (YFC was founded in 1944 by Billy Graham and a couple other guys). Plus, YFC has impacted me and my walk with the Lord since my first missions trip back in 1996!




Megan and Me.


DD (a way cool co-worker) and me. Bop-it has already made its appearance. :)



My space.

3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger stefani said...

congratulations! that sounds like an exciting place to work!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Meg said...

That sounds awesome. So glad oyu like it. Love, Meg

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool Rebecca. That is strange that you're working with megan. Small world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home